How to repair an MDB file
Recovery Toolbox for Access (download) is designed for repairing data from corrupted Microsoft Access database files with *.mdb, *.accdb extensions. The Access Repair tool is capable of performing the following operations:
- Repair the original table structure
- Repair data from corrupted ACCDB and MDB files
- Repair Indexes
- Repair Primary keys
- Repair Foreign keys
- Repair Viewers (except for one time use Viewers from Forms and Reports)
- Recover deleted tables
- Recover deleted records
The MDB Repair tool supports:
- Preview of repaired data
- Preview of repaired scripts
- Preview of repaired structures
- Unicode repair in data and in structures
- Repairing different versions of Microsoft Access database – 2003 and higher
The Access database repair program is also capable of fixing the following errors:
- This database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it.
- The database has been converted from a prior version of Microsoft Access by using the DOA compact database method instead of the convert database command on the tools menu. This has left the database in an unconverted state.
- Disk Error - Reserved error (-1601) 3000
- Table 'TempMSysAccessObjects' already exists.
- Record(s) cannot be read; no read permission on 'MSysAccessObjects'
- Record(s) cannot be read; no read permission on 'MSysACEs'. - 3112
- The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'MSysAccessObjects'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. - 3078.
- Could not use name; file already in use. (Error 3045)
- The specified file is currently being used by another user or session. Wait for the other user or session to finish working with the file, and then try the operation again. - 3045
- Operation invalid without current index. - 3019
- 'database.mdb' isn't an index in this table. Look in the Indexes collection of the TableDef object to determine the valid index names. - 3015
- The Visual Basic for Applications project in the database is corrupt.
- Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost.
- This action will reset the current code in break mode. - 304548
- Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- AOIndex is not an index in this table.
- The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time
- This object needs a newer version of the Microsoft Jet database module
- Access crashes (Invalid Page Fault/GPF) when opening the mdb
- Microsoft Access has detected corruption in this file.
You can repair an Access database with Recovery Toolbox for Access in a few clicks. Just download and install our Access database repair utility and fix your damaged Microsoft Access databases.
Our MDB repair tool does not fix:
- password protected files.
Requirements for the ACCDB and MDB file repair tool:
- Windows 98 or above
- Microsoft Access 2003 or higher installed