You entered the correct password in the Outlook settings for the PST file, but sometimes when accessing the PST file Microsoft Outlook requests you enter the password again.
In this case, you need to run an integrity check on the hard disk (HDD). It is possible that sectors and/or blocks on the disk, where the PST file is located, are damaged.
To check the integrity of the disk you have to:
- Open Windows Explorer
- Select the disk where the PST file resides
- Press the right mouse button
- Select the "Properties" option
- Select the "Tools" tab
- Press the "Check now..." button
- Place checkmarks on the following:
- "Automatically fix system errors"
- "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors”
- Press the "Start" button
- Follow the instructions