On-Line help of Recovery Toolbox for Word
Recovery Toolbox for Word (Download) is used to recover corrupted Microsoft Word documents and templates (.doc, .docx, .dot, dotx files) and documents in the Rich Text format (.rtf files) The recovery process is performed in the step-by-step wizard consisting of five steps:
Recovering data from corrupted Word files and Rich Text files
- Selecting the corrupted Microsoft Word document or template information from which should be recovered
- Recovering information from the corrupted Microsoft Word document or template
- Viewing information recovered from the corrupted Microsoft Word document or template
- Exporting information to Microsoft Word or saving it to a text file
- Viewing information export results
Step 1. Selecting the corrupted Microsoft Word document or template information from which should be recovered
Recovery Toolbox for Word can recover information from corrupted documents and templates standard for Microsoft Word of the DOC and DOCX, DOT and DOTX formats and also Rich Text documents. The Source file name field is used to specify the corrupted file. There are three ways to fill it:
- Type the name of the corrupted file together with the full path in the Source file name field manually.
- Select the name of the corrupted document from the drop-down list opened with the button. All documents Recovery Toolbox for Word scans are automatically added to this list.
- Select the corrupted document in Windows Explorer opened with a click on the button.
Click the Next button to move to the next step.
Step 2. Recovering information from the corrupted Microsoft Word document or template
When you move to this step, a dialog box with the following question appears on the screen: Do you wish to start recovery? To start the recovery process, click the Yes button. After that the program will start scanning the document. The time this process will take depends on the source file, on the CPU performance and on how occupied the CPU is.
If you click the No button, the program will go back to the previous step.
Step 3. Viewing information recovered from the corrupted Microsoft Word document or template
After the program finishes scanning the source Microsoft Word document or template, it will display all information it could recover on the screen. The data is displayed as simple text without any formatting. The text is displayed in one font and color, without tables, lists or images present in the source file. The user can view data scrolling it up and down or to the left and right. While viewing this information, the user can make sure that the data can actually be recovered. The user also makes sure that Recovery Toolbox for Word works well, i.e. that it can recover as much data as possible.
Step 4. Exporting information to Microsoft Word or saving it to a text file
To start exporting information recovered from the source file, click the Start recovery button. It will open a context menu with two items: Export to MS Word and Save as Plane text.
If you select the Export to MS Word item, Microsoft Word is automatically started with a new document containing all recovered information in it. The text in this document will look exactly the way it looks in the preview window.
If you select the Save as Plane text item, the program will open the standard Windows dialog box where you will have to choose the folder, type the file name the recovered information should be saved to and select its type (ANSI Encoded Text File or Unicode Encoded Text File). After the user clicks the Save button, the file with the data will appear in the specified location.
Step 5. Viewing information export results
After the program finishes exporting the information, it will shows the final report about the results of all data recovery processes from corrupted documents and templates performed during the current session of working with Recovery Toolbox for Word.
- It is possible to export data only in the registered version of Recovery Toolbox for Word. You can register the program by purchasing a registration key on the purchase page.
- It is possible to export information to Microsoft Word only in case one of the following versions of this program is installed on the computer: 97/2000/XP/2003/2007/2010/2013.
- It is not recommended to edit or save the new Microsoft Word document or the new text file until Recovery Toolbox for Word finishes exporting all data.